Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can results of consumer surveys be accurate when the multiple choice ans. don't apply in every situation?

I find surveys (by phone or online) confusing when the multiple choice answers often do not apply to me, and there is no option to pick "Other" and specify the correct information. Online surveys will not proceed to the next Q until the previous Q is answered. Does the sponsor wish me to choose a wrong answer by default if none of the choices apply to me, and if so, how accurate will the results of the survey be?





I don't mind answering Q's if it will help create better products or services, but I wonder if it's a waste of my time, the way many surveys are set up. I'd be interested in hearing feedback from the business community.

How can results of consumer surveys be accurate when the multiple choice ans. don't apply in every situation?
Surveys exclude "Other" because of a propensity to select it if the choice is foggy for you the surveyed. Forcing you to pick, forces you think and give them the information they need.
Reply:Surveys normally have a margin of error that they publish for situations like this.

train horns

No comments:

Post a Comment